Central Dakota Frontier Cooperative
History of Central Dakota Frontier Cooperative 04/29/16 2:38:45 PM|
1913- Farm families in Hazelton, North Dakota organize one of the first petroleum cooperatives in the nation as "Farmers Union Oil Company of Hazelton."
1936- Hazelton Farmers Union Oil Company establishes a substation in Napoleon, North Dakota to provide petroleum products to farm families in Logan County.
1945- The Napoleon substation of Hazelton Farmers Union Oil Company receives its charter as an independent locally owned and controlled cooperative and becomes "Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon."
1945- Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon hires William G. Draeger as the first manager. First year revenues exceed $71,000 with Net Savings of $4,545.
1959- Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon purchases the I.H.C. building at 94 Broadway in Napoleon for $45,000.
1960- William Draeger passes away and the reins of the cooperative are handed on to his son Don Draeger.
1962- Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon purchases the Oil Department of the Burnstad Farmers Union Elevator and moves that building to Wishek.
1963- Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon purchases first Tire Truck.
1965- Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon builds a new Service Station in Wishek.
1968- Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon constructs first bulk fertilizer plant. Achieves $1 million in sales.
1972- Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon constructs Bulk LP Facility.
1973- Tire Truck service begins in Wishek location of Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon.
1977- Farmers Union Oil Company purchases a "pickup" sprayer for Agronomy.
1979- Anhydrous ammonia is added to the product portfolio of Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon with the addition of a Bulk Facility south of Napoleon.
1982- The first Cardtrol system is installed offering 24 hour fuel service at Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon.
1986- Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon purchases it first computer system.
1987- Anhydrous is added at the Wishek location.
1989- Cardtrol system is installed at Wishek Branch.
1992- Farmers Union Oil Company of Napoleon purchases its first Dry Fertilizer "Floater".
2010- Members approve name change to "Central Dakota Frontier Cooperative" (DFC)
2010- Construction is complete on a 4,000 ton Dry Fertilizer plant and Agronomy Center in Wishek.
2012- DFC completes construction of an 11,000 square foot Agronomy Center in Napoleon and renovates Bulk Fertilizer plant increasing capacity and installing an additional blender.
2012- DFC aquires Farmers Union Oil Company of Hazelton making DFC the largest independent cooperative in South Central North Dakota.
2012- Construction begins on a 12,000 square foot Agronomy Center in Hazelton.
2012- DFC Board approves expansion into Kidder County and land is purchased for Agronomy Center at the Robinson Exit of Interstate 94.
2013- DFC aquires AgVantage of New Salem and opens Agronomy Center at Steele.
2016- DFC acquires Alliance Ag Cooperative of Hettinger, Regent, South Heart and Bismarck which expands DFC into southwest North Dakota.